The Republic of The American Pioneer is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cthulhu with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 3.713 billion American Pioneerians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pioneer City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.4%.
The frighteningly efficient American Pioneerian economy, worth 689 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 185,573 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
Giant no-kill traps baited with Bapst Red Ribbon and vintage bicycles have been popping up in back alleys nationwide, teenage TV characters are played by thirty-year-olds by the end of the second season, tourists often cite 'hiding money in an off-shore banking account' as their main reason to visit the nation, and many former slaves are finding out there is such a thing as a free lunch. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The American Pioneer's national animal is the Rattlesnake, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The American Pioneer was endorsed by The Medicine Cabinet of THX1138.
- : The American Pioneer was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Californian Redwood.
- : The American Pioneer was endorsed by The Goodness of AGoodPlace.
- : The American Pioneer was endorsed by The Kingdom of Malta Comino Gozo.
- : The American Pioneer was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in The American Pioneer, many former slaves are finding out there is such a thing as a free lunch.
- : The American Pioneer was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in The American Pioneer, tourists often cite 'hiding money in an off-shore banking account' as their main reason to visit the nation.
- : Following new legislation in The American Pioneer, teenage TV characters are played by thirty-year-olds by the end of the second season.
- : The American Pioneer was endorsed by The Free Land of Underground Techno.
Endorsements Received: 84 » Aerilia, Gladio II, Midds Conia, Notyoutopia, Wodan, Shin-Hachioji, Yaorozu, PlanetPunk, Buckerino, Great Bights Mum, Agrauron, Corfad, Avornica, Mzeusia, Cloydicia, Territorio di Nessuno, Diodone, Astal Aavors, NatsukiLand, Bharathvarsh, Pakistan 001, Selfgradatude, Eglise Sainte Eve, Kwaj, Bayern-Straubing, Universal State Formula, Sil Dorsett, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Shadowrik, ThE eNd oF eE, Holy Oranz, McMasterdonia, Thenaca, Sunto, Che Sana Und, Wineclaw, Pallaith, Siwale, Sheppey, Illusia and Neverendia, South Grand Mountain, American MapleStory, Moubarakistan, Pop Prorp, Frances Francis the First of France, The Mazur Empire, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, Puczovska, Ktyria, Kingdom of Space, and 34 others.Morlanka, Alsatian Island, Atain, Xinchao, Edwerlantin, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Canada GR, LaKronia, Pandessiand, Omicron Persei V111, Wesley Republic, Albacria, Nueava Libertalia, Ka Ching, Freienland, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Unimaginable Doom, Mordant99, New Fingland, Benolia, Greater Tonga, Ozstan, Shibutani, SillyString, Q w e r t y, Sallanas, Yukti, Guslantis, General COE, Underground Techno, Malta Comino Gozo, AGoodPlace, Californian Redwood, and THX1138.