The Holy Empire of The Altarium is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, prohibition of alcohol, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 518 million Altarians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Administration, and Spirituality are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Altarion. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 72.0%.
The strong Altarian economy, worth 40.5 trillion Heretic Ears a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 78,182 Heretic Ears, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 305,872 per year while the poor average 13,613, a ratio of 22.5 to 1.
Officer recruitment and police brutality have reached an all-time high, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned, Jennifer Government is banned, and preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. The Altarium's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Altarium was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Volantrum.
- : The Altarium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : The Altarium endorsed The Grand Socialist States of Blutiges Imperium.
- : Following new legislation in The Altarium, preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime.
- : Following new legislation in The Altarium, Jennifer Government is banned.
- : Following new legislation in The Altarium, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned.
- : Following new legislation in The Altarium, officer recruitment and police brutality have reached an all-time high.
- : The Altarium voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Pars".
- : Following new legislation in The Altarium, a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII'.
- : The Altarium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
Endorsements Received: 25 » New Caledonian Reich, The Souless Damned, Valvoa, Mighty Tropico, Aerilithia, Imperial adyaxa, Consterius Reich, Shronok, Shiya, Livonia Major, West Heisen, Shatterspine, Ruthlessnia, Sparkvernia, Nazilore, Refarria, Country of CityTowne, United Communes of Chile, Imperiium, ShrewLlamaLand, Comein, Exile Government of the RDFR, Alexander the Magnus, YoKrToN, and Blutiges Imperium.