The NPA Hussars of The Akhara Islands is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Caparas with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.99 billion Akharans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Social Policy, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lahos City. The average income tax rate is 37.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Akharan economy, worth 393 trillion Ploans a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 98,684 Ploans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Unemployed political consultants and advertisers spend every election night weeping for the good old days, the comic book series 'President Caparas and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Akhara Islands's national animal is the Akharan Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Akhara Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : The Akhara Islands's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : The Akhara Islands lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : The Akhara Islands relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : The Akhara Islands altered its national flag.
- : The Akhara Islands was refounded in Lazarus.
- : The Akhara Islands ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : The Akhara Islands's influence in The North Pacific fell from "Sprat" to "Minnow".
- : The Akhara Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : The Akhara Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.