The Commonwealth of The Aetherian Isles is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Isaac Katsumoto with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.267 billion Aetherians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aerunath. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Aetherian economy, worth a remarkable 1,851 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 199,827 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's often raining men (hallelujah) in Aerunath, passengers often cause a stink on public transport, the news is showing footage of Isaac Katsumoto bullying an old man to the point of tears, and bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes. Crime is totally unknown. The Aetherian Isles's national animal is the Humpback Whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Omnism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Aetherian Isles's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Aetherian Isles's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Aetherian Isles was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : The Aetherian Isles's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Aetherian Isles altered its national flag.
- : The Aetherian Isles was refounded in Osiris.
- : The Aetherian Isles ceased to exist in Balder.
- : The Aetherian Isles was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : The Aetherian Isles's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Aetherian Isles's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".