The Guardian Knight-Stalwart of The 23 Stars is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Booken with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, triple-decker prams, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.443 billion Starsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Griffin. The average income tax rate is 39.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Starsian economy, worth 368 trillion Wardenmarks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 150,803 Wardenmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists, and politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The 23 Stars's national animal is the griffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The 23 Stars's influence in The United Tacos of El Paso rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The 23 Stars's influence in The United Tacos of El Paso rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The 23 Stars's influence in The United Tacos of El Paso rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The 23 Stars's influence in The United Tacos of El Paso rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : The 23 Stars voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ban on Conversion Therapy"".
- : The 23 Stars endorsed The Grey Warden State of Hashishin.
- : The 23 Stars relocated from Ironbeard Lands to The United Tacos of El Paso.
- : The 23 Stars voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Apostates".
- : The 23 Stars's influence in Ironbeard Lands rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The 23 Stars's influence in Ironbeard Lands rose from "Page" to "Squire".
Endorsements Received: None.