|Leader||Richard John Walter|
The United Kingdom of The-British-Isles is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Richard John Walter with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, zero percent divorce rate, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, devout population of 2.92 billion Britons are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. The average income tax rate is 69.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The The-British-Islesian economy, worth 145 trillion Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 49,667 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
School lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time, the moon's craters are more numerous every day, the government is denying reports that criminals injected with experimental drugs have turned into monstrous supervillains, and homes have been banned from having any more than one wheel. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The-British-Isles's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The-British-Isles was endorsed by The Grand Norse Empire of Khuravia.
- : The-British-Isles was endorsed by The Celtic Confederacy of Hallorland.
- : Following new legislation in The-British-Isles, homes have been banned from having any more than one wheel.
- : Following new legislation in The-British-Isles, the government is denying reports that criminals injected with experimental drugs have turned into monstrous supervillains.
- : Following new legislation in The-British-Isles, the moon's craters are more numerous every day.
- : Following new legislation in The-British-Isles, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time.
- : Following new legislation in The-British-Isles, truck drivers turn their engines off and coast whenever they're going downhill.
- : The-British-Isles endorsed The Keisririik of Estonesia.
- : The-British-Isles endorsed The Kingdom of Greater Bahland.
- : The-British-Isles endorsed The Free Lands of Robbonia.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Yahlia, Thracia Republic, Saint Domingo, Irminsulia, Jim the Baptist, Northern German Federation, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Lovisa, The New Nordic Union, North of Americas, GanymedEuropa, St Scarlett, Nardin, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, Republic of Satherland, Slavorussia, Supcotia, An Clar, Imperium Anglorum, Walfo, Parliamentary Laramidia, Mallesia, British Norklon, Regnum Italiae, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Neuchateau, Feria-Alkaline, Alsted, The Champions League, Prussian-Union, Invernessia, Someseni, Destyntine, Lyallpur, Shaor, Leranditale, Savinecross, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Abject Ludicrosity, Elisabethshagen, The Kingdom of Denmark, Jahass, The Oriental Empire, Grodisze, Sienkahn, and 32 others.Chronus, Azitupia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Enway, Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, The New Mexican Confederation, Trixeland, Estellan, Kanokla, Apabeossie, Kyrica, Eski, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Greater Icelandia, Elania Kingdom, Othenhiem, Stromia, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Gliesetonia, Integria, Berlin and Hanover, Robbonia, Greater Bahland, Estonesia, Hallorland, and Khuravia.