The Constitutional Monarchy of Thanianberg is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical, devout population of 1.238 billion Thanians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Healthcare, Education, and Administration also on the agenda, while Law & Order is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zorichin. The average income tax rate is 46.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Thaniansten economy, worth 103 trillion thans a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 83,875 thans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, city budgets are spent entirely on supporting the town royalty, on-duty Air Thanianberg flight attendants are usually seen napping in first class, and the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Thanianberg's national animal is the Arctic Fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thanianberg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market and Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Thanianberg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Thanianberg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Thanianberg's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Following new legislation in Thanianberg, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard.
- : Thanianberg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Thanianberg's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Thanianberg's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Thanianberg was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Thanianberg ceased to exist in Europe.