The Community of Thalvith is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 218 million Thalvithians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 49.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Thalvithian economy, worth 2.10 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 9,643 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, and the people are famous throughout the region for their perfect yellow teeth. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thalvith's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thalvith's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Thalvith's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Thalvith's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Thalvith's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Thalvith was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Thalvith's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Thalvith relocated from The West Pacific to Middle Earth.
- : Thalvith lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Thalvith, the people are famous throughout the region for their perfect yellow teeth.
- : Following new legislation in Thalvith, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.