The Confederacy of Texessee is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its burgeoning Armadillo population. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 379 million Texesseeans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 13.9%.
The Texesseean economy, worth 21.0 trillion Vols a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Furniture Restoration, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 55,460 Vols, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, expensive show trials reveal the harshness of the nation's justice system, new cases of Asbestosis are cropping up as quickly as hospitals can deal with them, and euthanasia is legal. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. Texessee's national animal is the Armadillo, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Texessee's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Texessee's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Texessee was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Texessee ceased to exist in Texas.
- : Texessee's influence in Texas rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Texessee was endorsed by Lammey.
- : Following new legislation in Texessee, euthanasia is legal.
- : Texessee was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Texessee, new cases of Asbestosis are cropping up as quickly as hospitals can deal with them.
- : Following new legislation in Texessee, expensive show trials reveal the harshness of the nation's justice system.