The Planetary Federation of Terresa is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Alexander Reyes with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, daily referendums, and pith helmet sales. The cynical population of 1.143 billion Terresans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Armonia. The average income tax rate is 65.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Terresan economy, worth 82.2 trillion Federal Marks a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 71,890 Federal Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Write-in candidate 'Alexander Reyes Sucks' is perennially popular, the comic book series 'Alexander Reyes and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller, Alexander Reyes has just been declared ruler of Terresa in an international press conference, and ratings for sitcom reruns are often much higher than election debates. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terresa's national animal is the Rapendor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Terresa's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Terresa's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Terresa's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Terresa altered its national flag.
- : Terresa was refounded in Osiris.
- : Terresa ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Terresa's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Following new legislation in Terresa, ratings for sitcom reruns are often much higher than election debates.
- : Terresa changed its national leader to "Alexander Reyes".
- : Following new legislation in Terresa, Alexander Reyes has just been declared ruler of Terresa in an international press conference.