The Republic of Terre Rare is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its national health service, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 754 million Terre Rareans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thulium. The average income tax rate is 60.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Terre Rarean economy, worth 36.5 trillion bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. Average income is 48,352 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tightness of border controls in Terre Rare leave a little to be desired, ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips, all industry is owned and run by the government, and a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terre Rare's national animal is the sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Terre Rare's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Terre Rare was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Most Inclusive, Most Income Equality, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, and Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Terre Rare, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- : Following new legislation in Terre Rare, all industry is owned and run by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Terre Rare, ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips.
- : Following new legislation in Terre Rare, the tightness of border controls in Terre Rare leave a little to be desired.
- : Terre Rare endorsed The Great Empire of Kandorith.
- : Terre Rare endorsed The Res publica of From New World.
- : Terre Rare endorsed The Erratic Entomophiles of MikGonnia.
- : Terre Rare was endorsed by The Erratic Entomophiles of MikGonnia.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Debluu, Maricentria, Dahom, VW53Aland, Pakitsk, Fellon, Axdel, Dravida India, Veterans Association, New Leganes, A mean old man, The Three States of Fortuna, East Malaysia, Cellar Doors, Brotherland, Asendavia, Marrabuk, Staynes, Pirnovo, Wiranath, Enlil, North Bernia, Spiruvania, Northern Celavon, Aquyia, Hizuru, Eastern Alksearia, The Atlae Isles, Layngderfleethe, Aivintis, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Greater New Cassandra, Formaro, Modra, Nereua, Canadian Technocrats, Edwardsport, Alemannian Empire, Dragons Blood, Kandorith, From New World, and MikGonnia.