The Most Serene Republic of Terradeusia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 602 million Terradeusians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nüb. The average income tax rate is 34.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Terradeusian economy, worth 24.4 trillion sigmas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Tourism, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 40,557 sigmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Friendly fire incidents usually result in severe burns, sharks are enjoying their deliveries of canned food, Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Terradeusia's new capital, and young soldiers are shocked to discover there are no 'safe spaces' on a battlefield. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terradeusia's national animal is the Liger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Terradeusia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Terradeusia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Terradeusia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Terradeusia, young soldiers are shocked to discover there are no 'safe spaces' on a battlefield.
- : Terradeusia changed its national capital to "Nüb".
- : Following new legislation in Terradeusia, Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Terradeusia's new capital.
- : Terradeusia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Terradeusia ceased to exist in Cape scenovia.
- : Terradeusia's influence in Cape scenovia rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Terradeusia's influence in Cape scenovia fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".