The Republic of Temischa is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 568 million Temischans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 11.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Temischan economy, worth 30.5 trillion Argens a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 53,720 Argens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, genetic researchers have been expelled, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and imprisonment is the leading cause of disownment. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Temischa's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Temischa's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Temischa altered its national flag.
- : Temischa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive and Largest Agricultural Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Temischa's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Temischa, imprisonment is the leading cause of disownment.
- : Following new legislation in Temischa, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Following new legislation in Temischa, genetic researchers have been expelled.
- : Following new legislation in Temischa, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : Following new legislation in Temischa, party affiliation is just as irrelevant as campaign promises.
- : Temischa was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".