The Republic of Telconi is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 8.095 billion Telconians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bellwatson. The average income tax rate is 30.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Telconian economy, worth 802 trillion Minutes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 99,150 Minutes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, museums stand half-empty as all foreign exhibits are returned to their countries of origin, and military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Telconi's national animal is the Elk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Telconi's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Telconi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Telconi's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Telconi's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Telconi was refounded in Balder.
- : Telconi ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Telconi's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Telconi's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Telconi's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Telconi was refounded in Osiris.