The Colony of Tehrangeles is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic, devout population of 350 million Tehrangelesians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 65.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Tehrangelesian economy, worth 5.97 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Trout Farming. Average income is 17,057 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tehrangeles's national animal is the Persians, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tehrangeles's influence in POLATION rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Tehrangeles's influence in POLATION rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Tehrangeles's influence in POLATION rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Tehrangeles's influence in POLATION rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Tehrangeles's influence in POLATION rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Tehrangeles's influence in POLATION rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Tehrangeles was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Tehrangeles changed its national motto to "یک ستاره درخشان".
- : Tehrangeles relocated from The Pacific to POLATION.
- : Tehrangeles's influence in The Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".