Pervan in 2014
Premier of the Supreme Federal
Government of GSF Tegrad
17 October 2000
Vice-Premiers: Niko Golovin
President: Tanya Wolyn (2000-2015)
Mila Yanovna (2015-present)
Preceded by: Kovrova Georgievna
General Secretary of the Tegradian
People's Revolutionary Party
14 October 2000
Chairman: Laŭra Yaro (2000-2005)
Dimitry Kozlov (2005-present)
Preceded by: Kovrova Georgievna
Delegate of the Chamber of the
Councils for Tepangrad North West
27 August 1990 - 30 August 2000
Chairman: Deng Shun
Preceded by: Zlatan Perlich
Succeeded by: Xia Zhen
12 January 1964 (age 53)
Tepangrad, CSR Pyatigorod, GSF Tegrad
CSR Lenivodsk, GSF Tegrad
Alexei Rostik Pervan (born 12 January 1964) is the 5th and current Premier of Tegrad, in office since 2000. He has also been serving as the General Secretary of the Tegradian People's Revolutionary Party since 2000. Ideologically, Pervan identifies as a Marxist-Leninist and anti-imperialist; a hardliner, generally aligned to the left of the Party.
Pervan grew up in urban Tepangrad, CSR Pyatigorod. His father was an industrial worker, whilst his mother worked in a pharmacy. After finishing school and reaching 18 years of age, Pervan joined the People's Revolutionary Party and was conscripted to the military. He served for 3 years, reaching the rank of Junior Lieutenant.
After his military service, he attended the People's University of Tepangrad studying sociology and history, where he developed a keen interest in politics. Upon graduating in 1988 he took a more active role in the Party, and by 1990 he became a Delegate in the Chamber of the Councils for Tepangrad North West. In 2000, he ran for leadership of the People's Revolutionary Party, and was successful, thus becoming the General Secretary of the Party and the Premier of GSF Tegrad.
Pervan was born in 1964, in urban Tepangrad, CSR Pyatigorod. His father was an industrial worker, whilst his mother worked in a pharmacy. He attended Helca Primary School, where he became a member of the Young Communist League at just 10 years old.
Upon finishing primary school, he went on to attend Central Tepangrad Secondary School, where he finished with particularly good grades, especially in Russian and history. It was at this time he joined the People's Revolutionary Party.
Upon graduating at 18 years old, Pervan was conscripted to the military. He served in the People's Army and in his 3 years service, reached the rank of Junior Lieutenant, demonstrating excellent loyalty, dedication and teamwork. He notably participated in the military marches for the memorial of former Premier Radovan Horak in 1984, who died of old age while still serving in office.
After his military service, Pervan attended the People's University of Tepangrad, studying sociology and history. During this period, Pervan became more active in politics and regularly attended local Party meetings, praised for being an excellent and articulate orator.
He campaigned on the issues of defending socialism in Tegrad, as well as supporting Marxism-Leninism as the only feasible application of communism in the current global context. He also supported socially progressive reforms and promoted the importance of anti-imperialism in the international class struggle.
In 1990, Pervan was elected as the Delegate for the Tepangrad North West council, representing them in the Chamber of the Councils. He helped pass legislation which shortened the average working week from 40 hours to 35 hours, as well as voting for the legalisation of gay marriage in 1997.
Pervan gained huge popular support for his emotive and captivating speeches in the Chamber, with the majority of people in Tepangrad North West still viewing Pervan as the greatest Delegate they've ever had.
Pervan confirmed he would not stand for a third term as Delegate in July 2000, shortly before announcing his intention to run for the position of General Secretary of the Tegradian People's Revolutionary Party (following Georgievna's intention to resign), and thus the Premier of GSF Tegrad.
In the October of 2000, Pervan became the General Secretary of the People's Revolutionary Party, as well as the Premier of GSF Tegrad, after being elected with a landslide majority of votes from the Supreme Federal Assembly
Under his leadership, Tegrad has remained strongly Marxist-Leninist, staying steadfast in its resistance to capitalism, despite many political commentators expecting Tegrad to take a market socialist approach. He is generally seen as belonging to the left of the Party.
Pervan has successfully reduced unemployment to its lowest levels in decades, with it at only ~1.53% as of 2017. As well as this, economic production has increased under Pervan's premiership and wages have steadily risen.
Pervan is highly critical of capitalism, and has made damning remarks about the 'late-stage capitalism' found in the USA and UK. Despite this, he is an advocate for international cooperation, and has thus far proven to be an effective diplomat.
PRO: Marxism-Leninism, socialism, communism, proletarian internationalism, socialist patriotism, vanguardism, democratic centralism, scientific advancement, equality, environmentalism, international cooperation, defending sovereignty of independent states, agnostic atheism.
ANTI: Nazism, imperialism, capitalism, fascism, monarchism, revisionism, economic globalisation, religious fundamentalism, racism & xenophobia, sexism, homophobia & transphobia, reactionary thought.
- "Imperialism is a disease of mankind. It's destruction can only be achieved by the international solidarity of all working people and the realisation of socialism."
- "Anarchism at its root is infantile. It lacks any nuance or considerations of the world we live in. How is a proletarian revolution to survive the threat of capitalist imperialism without a thoroughly organised vanguard to defend it?"
- "The working class are the driving force behind socialist society. The dictatorship of the proletariat is taking all political power from the capitalist class and giving it directly to the masses."
- "The Party is a unified front of free-thinkers. Debate is intense and passionate, but once a conclusion is reached, all members will work cooperatively to ensure the policy is properly and effectively implemented."
- "International peace can only be achieved by working with the leaders of sovereign states that are under threat of foreign imperialism and intervention, regardless of your own views on their internal policy. By not siding with the victim of imperialism you are siding with the imperialist, and that is always unacceptable.
- "Late-stage capitalism is volatile. The coming decades will show even greater poverty develop in capitalist countries, with all public assets sold off to foreign investors. Only an organised and conscious working class can save these societies from falling into barbarism."
- "Left communists show a great deal of incompetence when it comes to historical understanding. It is no coincidence that the only successful socialist revolutions were Leninist in nature. In order to destroy the force of capitalism, it is a requirement for the working class to be highly motivated and organised. Left communism has never achieved this."