The Federal Republic of Tecknakia is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, state-planned economy, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 313 million Tecknakians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Welfare also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 34.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Tecknakian economy, worth 11.5 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is 36,686 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles, and the tragedy of the commons is being tested nationwide but everyone says it's somebody else's problem. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tecknakia's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tecknakia's influence in The Kingmen Empire rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Tecknakia's influence in The Kingmen Empire rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Tecknakia's influence in The Kingmen Empire rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Tecknakia's influence in The Kingmen Empire rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Tecknakia relocated from The South Pacific to The Kingmen Empire.
- : Tecknakia's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Tecknakia lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Tecknakia lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Tecknakia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Tecknakia, the tragedy of the commons is being tested nationwide but everyone says it's somebody else's problem.