The Commonwealth of Teachian is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its smutty television, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 435 million Teachans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 49.9%.
The powerhouse Teachianian economy, worth 40.4 trillion Marks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 92,949 Marks, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
Every week is blindness awareness week, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, and the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Teachian City. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Teachian's national animal is the Fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Teachian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Bachtendekuppen".
- : Teachian was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Lester Crest.
- : Teachian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Teachian, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Teachian City.
- : Following new legislation in Teachian, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- : Following new legislation in Teachian, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Teachian, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Teachian, straitjackets are a common religious garb.
- : Following new legislation in Teachian, grumbling early morning commuters bemoan having to travel to work in the dark.
- : Following new legislation in Teachian, it ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Teachian.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Volaworand, Great Vritannia, Bawkie, Land of Warrior Hounds, Aidenfieeld, Jehenna, Quiescent, Luddinlande, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Linguiniland, Hanguk-Nippon, Farengeto, Holleervag Islacotil, United States of Vietnam, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Fiorina Furya, Concrete Slab, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Tau Xen, Rebel-topia, Tsvetania, Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Drugged Monkeys, Oskyelion, Calistan, Midand, Jaxon, Sandaoguo, New Briantown, The Kiriond, Yellunstryer, Kringalia, Zbra, Republic of the Teutons, Lififul, Clayanne, Sedunn, Erinor, Tsunamy, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Paranoia, UnShleepd, and Lester Crest.