The Vast Bureaucracy of Taxeria is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Bob with an even hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, complete lack of prisons, and ritual sacrifices. The compassionate, devout population of 8.162 billion Taxpayers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bureaucracy HQ. The average income tax rate is 88.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Taxerian economy, worth 902 trillion rations a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 110,553 rations, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The army's use of chemical weapons leaves a bad taste in the mouth, 4-year-olds studying for their mathematics exams are anxious that they will be unemployable in adulthood if they fail, the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon, and UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taxeria's national animal is the tax-deductible parrot, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Taxes.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Taxeria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Taxeria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and Most Inclusive.
- : Taxeria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Taxeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Taxeria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Taxeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Taxeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Taxeria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout and the Top 10% for Highest Economic Output, Most Beautiful Environments, and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Taxeria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Taxeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.