The Confederacy of Taun XIII is a large, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed population of 62 million Taun XIIIians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 25.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Taun XIIIian economy, worth 2.62 trillion Taus a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Basket Weaving, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,307 Taus, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent, the citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass, the fire brigade often deal with cases of burnt toast, and throwing a sickie is a serious crime. Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force. Taun XIII's national animal is the Peacock, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Taun XIII's influence in Fredlandia rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Taun XIII's influence in Fredlandia rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Taun XIII resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Taun XIII relocated from Ailoare to Fredlandia.
- : Taun XIII endorsed The Holy Empire of Goopycalamari27.
- : Taun XIII was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Taun XIII applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Taun XIII relocated from Vrihat Rajputana to Ailoare.
- : Taun XIII's influence in Vrihat Rajputana rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Taun XIII's influence in Vrihat Rajputana rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".