The Federation of Tassaland is a huge, genial nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 486 million Tassalanders are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moragia. The average income tax rate is 81.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Tassalish economy, worth 33.0 trillion dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 67,836 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Coffee cups have grown in size to accommodate the huge ingredients list, Leader's webseries about the alleged hauntings of Moragia generates millions of views, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works, and students at universities think exercise bikes are pieces of abstract art. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tassaland's national animal is the chuckwalla, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tassaland was endorsed by The Golden Holy Beartopia of The Nation of the People of the Nation.
- : Tassaland was endorsed by The Democratic States of Katkasistan.
- : Following new legislation in Tassaland, students at universities think exercise bikes are pieces of abstract art.
- : Following new legislation in Tassaland, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works.
- : Following new legislation in Tassaland, Leader's webseries about the alleged hauntings of Moragia generates millions of views.
- : Following new legislation in Tassaland, coffee cups have grown in size to accommodate the huge ingredients list.
- : Tassaland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Tassaland endorsed The Crystal leth dealing cabal of Lethen.
- : Tassaland endorsed The Terribly Sorry Dictatorship of Depression and Suffering.
- : Tassaland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
Endorsements Received: 55 » Liveropolis, Koroniti, Raghallaigh, Pirataria, Desrouleaux, Caffeinated, Clialaad, Ikheria, New Peoples Empire, Eloscape, Le Libertia, Mancheseva City, Emastalia, Arvigiel, Acapais, United-Marrshmallows, Abassyia, Aexnidaral, Deathfall, Ipsonasia, The Dutch SouthEast India Company, Purple Ruthenia, Ajaccino, Twilight Ways, Kingdom of Stargard, Precisely Nothing, Bellcon, Chungus World, West Wirral, Darktow, Disney Know it Alls, --Neo-America--, Baobab-Bumbaria, Brickfield, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Ramalia Shanatopian, Vyata Temor, Ouardeheya, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Estingberg, Lastovipol, Voxum Mortalum, Vaioretta, Serpahima, Gooblaria, Letnep, United States of Joshua, Igueranel, Terra Potestatem, Free Rosabell, and 5 others.Dizgovzy, Depression and Suffering, Lethen, Katkasistan, and The Nation of the People of the Nation.