The Interior State of Tarvolta is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-working population of 12.125 billion Tarvoltans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The enormous, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 58.4%.
The thriving Tarvoltan economy, worth 641 trillion Lyras a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. Average income is 52,911 Lyras, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 195,567 per year while the poor average 10,090, a ratio of 19.4 to 1.
A survey of the nation's rivers and children has shown that pesticide levels are at an all-time regional high, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, and Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tarvolta's national animal is the Falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Not Stated.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tarvolta's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Tarvolta's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Tarvolta's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Tarvolta's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Tarvolta resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Tarvolta relocated from The Union of Red Nations to Balder.
- : Tarvolta's influence in The Union of Red Nations rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Tarvolta's influence in The Union of Red Nations rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Tarvolta's influence in The Union of Red Nations rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Tarvolta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens, Largest Black Market, Highest Economic Output, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, and Largest Populations.