The Democratic States of Tarnen is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its national health service, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 23.408 billion Tarnians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, corrupt government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tiberia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 78.2%.
The all-consuming Tarnian economy, worth a remarkable 2,979 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 127,284 credits, with the richest citizens earning 7.6 times as much as the poorest.
Foreign leaders' Twitcher accounts are monitored for potential threats to national security, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region, sharks are enjoying their deliveries of canned food, and the silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Tarnian democracy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tarnen's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tarnen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Tarnen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Tarnen's influence in Ordis rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Tarnen was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Tarnen, the silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Tarnian democracy.
- : Tarnen's influence in Ordis rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Tarnen's influence in Ordis rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Tarnen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Tarnen's influence in Ordis rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Tarnen's influence in Ordis rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".