The Democratic States of Tarkovinia is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 771 million Tarkovinians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 86.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Tarkovinian economy, worth 68.0 trillion vals a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 88,228 vals, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Group hugs break out during floor votes, the government is under the thumb of countless special interests, citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint, and Leader's webseries about the alleged hauntings of Tarkovinia City generates millions of views. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tarkovinia's national animal is the purple finch, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tarkovinia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Tarkovinia was endorsed by The Federation of Greatnessity City.
- : Tarkovinia endorsed The Decidedly not holy nation of Foril.
- : Following new legislation in Tarkovinia, Leader's webseries about the alleged hauntings of Tarkovinia City generates millions of views.
- : Following new legislation in Tarkovinia, citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint.
- : Following new legislation in Tarkovinia, the government is under the thumb of countless special interests.
- : Following new legislation in Tarkovinia, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Following new legislation in Tarkovinia, private pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are given away freely by the government.
- : Tarkovinia was endorsed by The Decidedly not holy nation of Foril.
- : Following new legislation in Tarkovinia, factories are regularly demolished to make way for low-cost housing areas.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Pygania, Precisely Nothing, Raghallaigh, Mancheseva City, Primorye Oblast, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Pirataria, Penlopa, Eloscape, Arvigiel, Ipsonasia, Leuxas, Kingdom of Stargard, Emastalia, Le Libertia, Terra Potestatem, Mousa Liberty, Pland Adanna, Poquaoi, The Tugboat Complex, Voxum Mortalum, Lethen, The Democratic Peoples, United Kingdoms of Redania, Lorscinia, Brickfield, Cyberpunk, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, West Wirral, Sudmar Island, Caffeinated, The Lost Men, Benthamania, Gooblaria, Free Rosabell, Deliber, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Genistan, Cortlandt Manor, Lurinsk, Beriwen, Caleban, Former Raxhiria, Mutualist American Republics, Purple Ruthenia, Zakanda, Polgaria, Tassaland, Vlazinova, and 20 others.Utopian Earth, Akeland, Mediocrea, Euperis, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Ecodandia, Patriotic Poland, Laudesia, Geektopia, Tital Mania, Gabingston, Sanjira, The Nation of the People of the Nation, Bolger, Havenwelle, New France Republic, Greenburgland, Foril, and Greatnessity City.