|Animal||Cow and Dog|
The Republic of Tandrea is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 108 million Tandreans are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 38.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Tandrean economy, worth 5.08 trillion Rupees a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 47,071 Rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, NPCs in MMORPGs regularly interrupt cutscenes with OOC reminders that they aren't real people, and violent criminals are doomed to be hunted by a psychotic billionaire. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tandrea's national animal is the Cow and Dog.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tandrea, violent criminals are doomed to be hunted by a psychotic billionaire.
- : Tandrea was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Tandrea, NPCs in MMORPGs regularly interrupt cutscenes with OOC reminders that they aren't real people.
- : Following new legislation in Tandrea, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in Tandrea, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- : Following new legislation in Tandrea, eerie glow-in-the-dark cornfields give farmlands an uncanny appearance.
- : Tandrea endorsed The One-Winged Etymology Shark of Erinor.
- : Tandrea endorsed The Armed Republic of Republic of the Teutons.
- : Tandrea endorsed The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Tandrea voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Xoriet".
Endorsements Received: 27 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Hanguk-Nippon, Concrete Slab, Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Escevola, Volaworand, Bawkie, Esfalsa, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Luddinlande, Jehenna, Great Vritannia, United States of Vietnam, Nudnoji, Farengeto, Oskyelion, Quiescent, Jaxon, Beepee, Kringalia, New Briantown, Paranoia, Sedunn, Republic of the Teutons, Erinor, and Tsunamy.