The United States of Tanabon is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Hawkins with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, pith helmet sales, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed population of 2.746 billion Tanabonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Administration, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seattle. The average income tax rate is 49.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Tanabonian economy, worth 351 trillion Dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 128,026 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Tanabon, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids, Tanabon's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, and children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tanabon's national animal is the Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tanabon resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Tanabon was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Lionia.
- : Tanabon was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Snoodum.
- : Tanabon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Tanabon was endorsed by The 🇫🇷 ℱℛᎯℕℂᎾ-ℐᏆᎯℒℐᎯℕ ℰℕᏆℰℕᏆℰ 🇮🇹 of The Most Freedom Ever.
- : Tanabon was endorsed by The E-Democracy of The Rhein States.
- : Tanabon was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Freienland.
- : Tanabon was endorsed by The Free Land of Curtis Cosla.
- : Tanabon was endorsed by Huego sol.
- : Tanabon lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.