The Protectorate of Tamaulipas is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, frequent executions, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 12.449 billion Parhasques live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Paaoma. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.1%.
The very strong Tamaulipasian economy, worth 800 trillion Parhean Tongboes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is 64,269 Parhean Tongboes, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 370,816 per year while the poor average 5,323, a ratio of 69.7 to 1.
The world outside is only known of in folklore, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, Max Barry is this year's Miss Tamaulipas, and airport security is provided by private companies. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Tamaulipas's national animal is the Parhean Rhinoceros, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tamaulipas's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Tamaulipas's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Tamaulipas's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Tamaulipas's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Tamaulipas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and Rudest Citizens and the Top 10% for Highest Disposable Incomes, Most Rebellious Youth, and Highest Economic Output.
- : Tamaulipas was refounded in Osiris.
- : Tamaulipas ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Tamaulipas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Tamaulipas was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Tamaulipas's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".