The Protectorate of Tamaulipas is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 11.867 billion Parhasques live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Paaoma. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.1%.
The very strong Tamaulipasian economy, worth 762 trillion Parhean Tongboes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is 64,269 Parhean Tongboes, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 370,816 per year while the poor average 5,323, a ratio of 69.7 to 1.
The world outside is only known of in folklore, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, Max Barry is this year's Miss Tamaulipas, and airport security is provided by private companies. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Tamaulipas's national animal is the Parhean Rhinoceros, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tamaulipas's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Tamaulipas's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Tamaulipas's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Tamaulipas was refounded in Balder.
- : Tamaulipas ceased to exist in The Rejected Realms.
- : Tamaulipas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Tamaulipas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Tamaulipas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Tamaulipas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Tamaulipas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.