|Leader||Elder Cyrus Middleton|
The Free People of Talgarth is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Elder Cyrus Middleton with an even hand, and renowned for its absence of drug laws, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working population of 8.37 billion Talgarthians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cardiff. The average income tax rate is 77.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Talgarthian economy, worth 707 trillion Pound Sterlings a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Tourism. Average income is 84,551 Pound Sterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Demand for gourmet white truffles is on the rise, a burger chain recently changed its name to Mack Donaldz for legal reasons, lines of trenches demarcate the nation's borders, and teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Talgarth's national animal is the Ent, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Entism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Talgarth's influence in Forest rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Talgarth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Following new legislation in Talgarth, teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries.
- : Following new legislation in Talgarth, lines of trenches demarcate the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Talgarth, a burger chain recently changed its name to Mack Donaldz for legal reasons.
- : Talgarth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Talgarth, demand for gourmet white truffles is on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Talgarth, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income.
- : Following new legislation in Talgarth, tours to see the 'wild men of the mountains' are popular with tourists from the big cities.
- : Following new legislation in Talgarth, the justice of Talgarth is considered superior to that of other nations.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Kawastyselir, Ransium, Turbeaux, Ruinenlust, Verdant Haven, Hyon Delta, Atsvea, Feladria, Anachronolandia, Novian Republics, Lura, Canaltia, Ordand, Love and Nature, The Void Territories, Frieden-und Freudenland, Bananaistan, Vanenia, Taco Respublic, Caterasia, Cat-Herders United, Plifte, Candlewhisper Archive, Ziotah and Riverside, The Black Forrest, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Entitize, Effazio, Blon Gre, Pen Blanityion, Eaven, Artemis, Forgotten Beauty, Bregaria, Ironic Remarks, Chilledsville, Kinectia, New Ladavia, Cheloboria, and Dwardossa.