The Free Land of Talamia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Solionj Divenantio with a fair hand, and remarkable for its teetotalling pirates, complete lack of prisons, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.133 billion Talamians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Environment, and Welfare are also considered important, while Defense isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Clinepalas. The average income tax rate is 74.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Talamian economy, worth 72.0 trillion Crematas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 63,506 Crematas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister, T-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age, conspiracy theorists allege that the government is spying on them through their carbon monoxide detectors, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown. Talamia's national animal is the Hoopoe, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Talamia was endorsed by The Republic of Phorus.
- : Talamia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Talamia, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in Talamia, conspiracy theorists allege that the government is spying on them through their carbon monoxide detectors.
- : Following new legislation in Talamia, T-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age.
- : Talamia changed its national leader to "Solionj Divenantio".
- : Following new legislation in Talamia, even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister.
- : Talamia was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Talamia, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.
- : Talamia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Data".