The Most Serene Republic of Taiko no Tatsujin is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its burgeoning Giraffe population. The hard-working population of 1.661 billion Taiko no Tatsujinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 21.0%.
The Taiko no Tatsujinian economy, worth 69.2 trillion Latinums a year, is led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Soda Sales, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 41,677 Latinums, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is moderate. Taiko no Tatsujin's national animal is the Giraffe, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Taiko no Tatsujin relocated from Scandinavia Proper to Spear Danes.
- : Taiko no Tatsujin aborted construction of embassies between Scandinavia Proper and The Black Hawks.
- : Taiko no Tatsujin removed the tag "Invader" from Scandinavia Proper.
- : Taiko no Tatsujin abolished the regional flag of Scandinavia Proper.
- : Taiko no Tatsujin updated the World Factbook entry in Scandinavia Proper.
- : Taiko no Tatsujin applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Taiko no Tatsujin resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Taiko no Tatsujin appointed Taiko no Tatsujin as d with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Scandinavia Proper.
- : Taiko no Tatsujin became WA Delegate of Scandinavia Proper.
- : Taiko no Tatsujin's influence in Scandinavia Proper rose from "Zero" to "Page".