The Allied States of Taigaland is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its burgeoning taigacat population. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 17.987 billion Taigalanders enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 37.7%.
The strong Taigalandic economy, worth 684 trillion forest saars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Pizza Delivery, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 38,035 forest saars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, the tenet of free speech is held dear, the police force is on a recruitment drive, and the government is seen to favor traditionalist religions. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taigaland's national animal is the taigacat.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Taigaland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dead.
- : Taigaland's influence in Conifer fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Taigaland's influence in Conifer fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Taigaland's influence in Conifer fell from "Hermit" to "Power".
- : Taigaland's influence in Conifer rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Taigaland relocated from Pine Forest to Conifer.
- : Taigaland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : Taigaland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dead and the Top 10% for Most Survivors.
- : Taigaland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Taigaland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.