The Republic of Tahjin is a very large, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 173 million Tahjinians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 77.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Tahjinian economy, worth 2.07 trillion Tahoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Trout Farming, and Soda Sales. Average income is 11,984 Tahoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government pours millions of Tahoes into rehabilitation programs annually, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, every citizen is allowed exactly fifteen minutes of fame, and gambling is outlawed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tahjin's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tahjin was endorsed by The Republic of Catillos.
- : Tahjin was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Psychological Care.
- : Tahjin was endorsed by The Mighty Building Material of Concrete Slab.
- : Tahjin was endorsed by The Republic of Andinla.
- : Tahjin was endorsed by The Midaic Republic of Midand.
- : Tahjin was endorsed by The Imperial Sinjōist State of Hanguk-Nippon.
- : Tahjin was endorsed by The Federal Ocean Republic of Qawe.
- : Tahjin's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Tahjin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Following new legislation in Tahjin, gambling is outlawed.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Erinor, Madreia, Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Yeldarbsland, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Tsunamy, Laamiva, Qvait, Auphelia, Aumeltopia, Wehraboos, The Tecorogan Federation, Tepertopia, Merevane, ChickenDome, PenguinPies, The Worst army of, Alaninia, Bleakfoot, Purple Hyacinth, Bizzie, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, United States of Vietnam, Farengeto, Bawkie, New Briantown, LaVuxxe, Sandaoguo, Rabbitz, Ovkianos, West Pastafaria, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Qawe, Hanguk-Nippon, Midand, Andinla, Concrete Slab, and Catillos.