|Leader||a complex mess of committees|
|Animal||giant pacific octopus|
The Rogue State of Tahar Joblis is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by a complex mess of committees with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 36.504 billion Tahar Joblisians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taharasopolissa. The average income tax rate is 48.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but underdeveloped Tahar Joblisian economy, worth a remarkable 1,593 trillion emuris a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 43,655 emuris, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, Maxtopians are both starving and giddy after the Tahar Joblisian military unleashed its biological weapons, nuclear physics is the most popular course at university, and surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tahar Joblis's national animal is the giant pacific octopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tahar Joblis's influence in The Proletariat Coalition fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Tahar Joblis's influence in The Proletariat Coalition rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Tahar Joblis's influence in The Proletariat Coalition rose from "Sprat" to "Power".
- : Tahar Joblis was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Tahar Joblis applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Tahar Joblis relocated from Osiris to The Proletariat Coalition.
- : Tahar Joblis was refounded in Osiris.
- : Tahar Joblis ceased to exist in The Proletariat Coalition.
- : Tahar Joblis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombies, the Top 5% for Most Survivors, and the Top 10% for Most Dead.
- : Tahar Joblis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: None.