The Cosmic Attitude Adjustment of Tachanka is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 17.778 billion Tachankans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 91.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Tachankan economy, worth a remarkable 1,606 trillion makhnoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 90,360 makhnoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The internet has been placed under government control, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, gambling is outlawed, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tachanka's national animal is the nestor, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tachanka was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Tachanka, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- : Following new legislation in Tachanka, gambling is outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Tachanka, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads.
- : Following new legislation in Tachanka, the internet has been placed under government control.
- : Tachanka was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Tachanka lodged a message on the Sufism Regional Message Board.
- : Tachanka was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Tachanka was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombified and the Top 5% for Most Dead.