The Little Workhorse of Syrasia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its avant-garde cinema, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 1.259 billion Syrasians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 75.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Syrasian economy, worth 23.1 trillion Syrasian Sterlings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Cheese Exports industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 18,324 Syrasian Sterlings, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The mob vote is a crucial electoral demographic, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, Syrasian novella fans become unusually flustered when thinking about Leader, and courses in how to boil water are popular for formerly microwave-reliant Syrasians. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Syrasia's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Syrasia lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Syrasia, courses in how to boil water are popular for formerly microwave-reliant Syrasians.
- : Following new legislation in Syrasia, Syrasian novella fans become unusually flustered when thinking about Leader.
- : Following new legislation in Syrasia, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Following new legislation in Syrasia, the mob vote is a crucial electoral demographic.
- : Following new legislation in Syrasia, parents often leave their kids in the car while they attend mindfulness meditation sessions.
- : Syrasia's influence in Thaecia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Syrasia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Rushenberg.
- : Syrasia published "Thaecia | Government Overview Improvements" (Meta: Reference).
- : Syrasia endorsed The United Duchy of Santa Marana.