The Federal Republic of Synechdoche is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 475 million Synechdocheans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Entropy City. The average income tax rate is 50.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Synechdochean economy, worth 53.1 trillion Ataraxias a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 111,707 Ataraxias, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Autocrats are persona non grata, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, many aides in Leader's office are known to be serial jaywalkers, and light entertainment isn't dead. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Synechdoche's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Synechdoche voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Respondeat Superior".
- : Following new legislation in Synechdoche, light entertainment isn't dead.
- : Following new legislation in Synechdoche, many aides in Leader's office are known to be serial jaywalkers.
- : Following new legislation in Synechdoche, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Synechdoche, autocrats are persona non grata.
- : Following new legislation in Synechdoche, police officers often head to work wearing onesies and fluffy pink bunny-slippers.
- : Synechdoche voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Chan Island".
- : Following new legislation in Synechdoche, the banshee wail foretells skies of death.
- : Following new legislation in Synechdoche, protest songs are the nation's de facto anthems.
- : Following new legislation in Synechdoche, Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Synechdoche as a reminder of their "special relationship".
Endorsements Received: 76 » The Solar System Scope, Luddinlande, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Great Vritannia, Westoc Kinness, Lambdaland, Techganet, Jehenna, Rebel-topia, Tsvetania, Quiescent, Kringalia, Darakin, The naked people, Wyatonians, UnitedStatesofMrloong, Isokenzar, Farengeto, Hanguk-Nippon, Wild Space, Sandaoguo, Stalvarctic, Antarctic Empires, Escevola, Tsunamy, Bawkie, Aumeltopia, Linguiniland, United Faith Warriors, Fiorina Furya, Solainsula, Outer Serbeckja, United Radzer, Aywhyou, Beepee, United States of Vietnam, La Ascension, Moreana, Poopisiya, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, BarnicleLand, Volaworand, Paranoia, Sedunn, Northendia, Jwavin, Typica, Calistan, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, and 26 others.Land With a Proper Amount of Shrimp, Yellunstryer, Transtational, Pastir, Concrete Slab, The Hokkaido People, Mitandersfors, Land of Warrior Hounds, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Mingoloid, Rhetiaa, Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Mojoland, Asdazoa, Drugged Monkeys, Bluee Land, European Defense Organization, Oskyelion, Saciu, Sowishan, New Briantown, Jaxon, Midand, Puerto Madryn, Esfalsa, and Nudnoji.