The Soviet Socialist Republics of Sycra is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Vladimir Abrodov with an iron fist, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 4.687 billion Sycrans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moskva. The average income tax rate is 81.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sycran economy, worth 736 trillion Sycran Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 157,036 Sycran Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal, running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training, and teenagers stay out into the wee hours of the morning "stargazing". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sycra's national animal is the Swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sycra, teenagers stay out into the wee hours of the morning "stargazing".
- : Following new legislation in Sycra, running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training.
- : Sycra was endorsed by The People's Republic of Bristolistan.
- : Sycra was endorsed by The People's Republic of Gazebia.
- : Sycra was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Tiequan Zhonggou.
- : Sycra was endorsed by The Republic of Marting.
- : Sycra was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Republic of Eastern Roman People.
- : Sycra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Sycra was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Menechistan.
- : Sycra was endorsed by The Socialist Federal Republic of Cellaronia.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Ex Patrian SSR, Nordgardia, DDPexG, Luperca, Amosiac, Empoleon Corporation, Vascodagamarica, Utopias Peace, Australian Peoples Republic, Nicarberrolicka, Belarusiaa, Zetona, Neo-Frania, Mai-Kolachi, Satima, Varmastaat, Croslavia, Nadezda, The Guinea Empire, Nuess, Korslavia, Cellaronia, Menechistan, Republic of Eastern Roman People, Marting, Tiequan Zhonggou, Gazebia, and Bristolistan.