The Republic of Swordsmens is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 369 million Swordsmensians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.1%.
The powerhouse Swordsmensian economy, worth 34.0 trillion Swords a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 92,154 Swords, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 320,475 per year while the poor average 19,313, a ratio of 16.6 to 1.
Religious education is a new government priority, the year's most anticipated show is "Great Deals on Delicious Meals", therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads, and preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Swordsmens's national animal is the Dragon, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Swordsmens's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Swordsmens's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Swordsmens was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Swordsmens ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Swordsmens was endorsed by The Republic of Elder Realms.
- : Swordsmens was endorsed by The Theocracy of GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO.
- : Swordsmens was endorsed by The Digital Democracy of Alpinea.
- : Swordsmens was endorsed by The Sawtooth Badlands of The Black Cathedral.
- : Swordsmens was endorsed by The Holy Inseparable Regalia of Castle Federation.
- : Swordsmens was endorsed by The Kingdom of Test for a new hope.