The Federal Republic of Swanovia is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, prohibition of alcohol, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed population of 2.148 billion Swanovians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 22.8%.
The strong Swanovian economy, worth 131 trillion Swanovian Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 61,372 Swanovian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Mathematicians are gathering an infinite number of Black Swans and typewriters to see if they can recreate the works of Max Barry, ticket touts are blamed for the downfall of communism, the letters L, G, and B must never be grouped together, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Swanovia's national animal is the Black Swan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Swanovia was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Swanovia endorsed The Commonwealth Federation of Abidawe.
- : The Join Lily of Switz got Lazy 74 dismissed Swanovia as Emperor Swanovia I of Roman Commonwealth.
- : Swanovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Swanovia endorsed The Kingdom of Egina.
- : Swanovia ejected and banned The Join Lily of Switz got lazy 19 from Roman Commonwealth.
- : Swanovia's influence in Roman Commonwealth rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Swanovia's influence in Roman Commonwealth fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Swanovia lodged a message on the Roman Commonwealth Regional Message Board.
- : Swanovia was admitted to the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: None.