The Holy Empire of Svipjoth is a huge, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 252 million Svipjothians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, well-organized government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while International Aid isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 74.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Svipjothian economy, worth 14.3 trillion Gullins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 56,602 Gullins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms, advertisers are struggling to make water sound cool to a twitchy public, dynamite sales and concert audiences are booming, and the nation refuses to provide international aid. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Svipjoth's national animal is the grizzly bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Svipjoth was endorsed by The Federation of ImperialRussia.
- : Svipjoth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Volcanic Activity Convention".
- : Following new legislation in Svipjoth, the nation refuses to provide international aid.
- : Following new legislation in Svipjoth, dynamite sales and concert audiences are booming.
- : Following new legislation in Svipjoth, advertisers are struggling to make water sound cool to a twitchy public.
- : Svipjoth lodged a message on the Wintreath Regional Message Board.
- : Svipjoth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Svipjoth, hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms.
- : Following new legislation in Svipjoth, student exchange programs are in trouble as everyone wants to leave but no-one wants to come.
- : Following new legislation in Svipjoth, the sanitised and dull music festivals of Svipjoth are famed for their reasonable volume levels.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Weihbach, Wintermoot, Dawsinian, The Stigyan Triumvirate, The Greenlandic North, New Narag Empire, Sakiria, Cozia, Harwinolian, Eas Knine, Konungsland, Lukashenka, and ImperialRussia.