The United Socialist States of Svetlakia is a colossal, efficient nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.452 billion Svetlakians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Herzberg. The average income tax rate is 94.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Svetlakian economy, worth 756 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 138,737 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Builders across Svetlakia are blocked up with orders for new public loos, shoppers have literally had their hands full since plastic bags were banned, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past. Crime is totally unknown. Svetlakia's national animal is the cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Svetlakia, mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past.
- : Svetlakia's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Svetlakia relocated from Osiris to The North Pacific.
- : Svetlakia's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Svetlakia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Svetlakia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Svetlakia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Svetlakia altered its national flag.
- : Svetlakia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Svetlakia ceased to exist in The North Pacific.