The Armed Republic of Svanland is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Mikael Svan with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, anti-smoking policies, and compulsory military service. The compassionate population of 8.101 billion Svanlandians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Defense, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Svancity. The average income tax rate is 84.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Svanlandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,307 trillion Pissetassars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 161,429 Pissetassars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Great Pyramid of Svancity can be seen from miles away, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Svanland's national animal is the Kakstare, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Svanland endorsed The Republic of Thevinia.
- : Svanland was endorsed by The Republic of Thevinia.
- : Svanland endorsed The Community of Emark.
- : Svanland was endorsed by The Community of Emark.
- : Svanland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Svanland, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Following new legislation in Svanland, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- : Svanland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Svanland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Svanland, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
Endorsements Received: 53 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Shaqolandia, Dalimbar, Fujai, Wickedly evil people, Papercuts and Skittles, Bran Astor, Kittenlicious, Kisovec, Crazy Waters, Recuecn, Dilber, Pandaland II, Westwind, Mirchusko, Neon Sweden, Akshireuya, United States of Northern America, Free Radio States, Big Bad Badger, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Sensorland, Atheist States of Philippines, Loegries, Holmani, Bigstickistan, Einherfell, Kiensu, The Unified Missourtama States, Arracrania, Cryland, IndyCar Racing, Eienn, Plankstein, Pi Island, Av Libertas Vindex, Troodan, Nas Crustium, Mediobogdum, Liberillia, Hiems, Saransh, Nieubasria, Quevilis, The Antarctic Empires, Anuubis, Archonina, Durtoss, Volkason, and 3 others.Biko Heljamge, Emark, and Thevinia.