The People's Republic of Svafareyjar is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its vat-grown people, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 652 million Svafareyjarians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Höfn Álfhildar. The average income tax rate is 82.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Svafareyjarian economy, worth 42.7 trillion Svafareyjan krónas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 65,528 Svafareyjan krónas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists outnumber citizens two to one, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, there's never a spare chair in the retirement home, and voter turnout for the election of the Junior Assistant for Non-Digital Media Strategies has been unsurprisingly low. Crime is totally unknown. Svafareyjar's national animal is the Eurasian Oystercatcher, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Svafareyjar was endorsed by The Science State of Scientists Allied.
- : Svafareyjar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Svafareyjar was endorsed by The Republic of Nchikhumbwa.
- : Following new legislation in Svafareyjar, voter turnout for the election of the Junior Assistant for Non-Digital Media Strategies has been unsurprisingly low.
- : Following new legislation in Svafareyjar, there's never a spare chair in the retirement home.
- : Following new legislation in Svafareyjar, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Svafareyjar endorsed The United Industrial Communes of Cephesylon.
- : Svafareyjar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Svafareyjar, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in Svafareyjar, nouveau riche farmers diligently take care of their golden calf herds.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Mauvemarke, Cessnia, Jeranse, Appaloosa, Venovica, Wileyshire, Gallifrax, Cuscatlan, Nuevo Burrito, Borrominia, Dekks, Danera, New Andureo, Propatria, Nchikhumbwa, and Scientists Allied.