The Democratic Republic of Suvmia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Erik Kaiser with an even hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 14.084 billion Suvmians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Warsaw. The average income tax rate is 97.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Suvmian economy, worth a remarkable 2,389 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 169,651 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Takeaway food bought on the weekend now comes with fifty percent more sweat and tears, Erik Kaiser has been nicknamed 'Robomop', citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint, and the delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Suvmia's national animal is the Grey Whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Violetism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Suvmia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
- : Suvmia endorsed The United Socialist States of Jimblesquart.
- : Suvmia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : Suvmia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Hawks"".
- : Suvmia's influence in Ridgefield rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Suvmia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Suvmia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Electrum".
- : Suvmia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "LEO Force Restrictions"".
- : Following new legislation in Suvmia, the delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer.
- : Following new legislation in Suvmia, citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint.