The Shogunate of Suternia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Empress Meishō with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 8.526 billion Suternians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sutelinia. The average income tax rate is 14.5%.
The all-consuming Suternian economy, worth 927 trillion Suters a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 108,769 Suters, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Passengers often cause a stink on public transport, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Sutelinia as a backdrop, stolen Reuben sandwiches are met with detailed and thorough police investigations, and engaged partners detail their fiancés' private lives in detail to prurient bureaucrats. Crime is totally unknown. Suternia's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Shintoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Suternia's influence in New Western Atlantic fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Suternia's influence in New Western Atlantic rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Suternia proposed constructing embassies between New Western Atlantic and Thaecia.
- : Suternia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Suternia lodged a message on the New Western Atlantic Regional Message Board.
- : Suternia was banned from Norden by The Kingdom of United Nurawk Antrus Vimebin.
- : Suternia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Suternia proposed constructing embassies between New Western Atlantic and Norden.
- : Suternia's influence in New Western Atlantic rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Suternia's influence in New Western Atlantic rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".