The Federal Republic of Surroosia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Kertanegra Barrameda with an even hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 1.187 billion Surroosians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Essogosia. The average income tax rate is 80.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Surroosian economy, worth 141 trillion Rutiis a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 119,334 Rutiis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political speeches that drill deep into bureaucratic fine detail could be said to be a little boring, the nation takes the world's poor and tired and the huddled Masses yearning to breathe free, high school bands practice by moonlight, and wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Surroosia's national animal is the Garuda, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Anticrab.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Surroosia was endorsed by The Devastation of Cro Magnon.
- : Surroosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Surroosia was endorsed by The Origin of Music of Hertfordshire and Jammbo.
- : Surroosia was endorsed by The ʇɐǝɹפ qoq of Bobki.
- : Surroosia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Hamburg Neo.
- : Surroosia changed its national faith to "Anticrab".
- : Following new legislation in Surroosia, wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps.
- : Following new legislation in Surroosia, high school bands practice by moonlight.
- : Following new legislation in Surroosia, the nation takes the world's poor and tired and the huddled Masses yearning to breathe free.
- : Following new legislation in Surroosia, political speeches that drill deep into bureaucratic fine detail could be said to be a little boring.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Loegries, Bran Astor, Pandaland II, The Undivided, Gilded Imperium, Fujai, Westwind, Bhang Bhang Duc, Resurgence City, Starblazer, Atheist States of Philippines, Cryland, Liberillia, The Unified Missourtama States, Q The Almighty, Leukogeras, Southern Gamedermark, The Fourth Redoubt, Gastenburg, Dilber, Libterraria, Probablynotverygoodistan, Imperial Eascalsh Ohavillbell, Gryphonian Alliance, Kittenlicious, Scationtanland, Greynne, Euarsia, Recuecn, Sensorland, Papercuts and Skittles, The United Republic of Westend, Kiensu, Einherfell, Ferroia, Pi Island, Kisovec, Holmani, Gracelantia, Arracrania, Matism, Zoran, Fuentana, The Antarctic Empires, Marshalia, Free Radio States, Formenor, Archonina, IndyCar Racing, Amanohara, and 37 others.Av Libertas Vindex, Numpties, Ostellan, Durtoss, Eienn, United Auroran Republic, Plankstein, The Father-Land, Wyndward, Mediobogdum, Hiems, Eskaton, Mercia Regnum, Anuubis, Saransh, Nieubasria, Isle Royale, Quevilis, Wickedly evil people, Eleftherios venizelos, Binoulia, Nas Crustium, Oometz, The Grandest Empire, Carvell, Pepinooo, Fallen Iron Duke, Saronistan, Win Mints, Irador, Arnic, Hologaland, Emark, Giovanniland, Samueliebox, Hamburg Neo, and Cro Magnon.