The United Socialist States of Superior American Union is a large, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The quiet, industrious population of 80 million Superior American Unionians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The basket case Superior American Unionian economy, worth 813 billion Socialist Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Furniture Restoration, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 10,162 Socialist Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home, and voting is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Superior American Union's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Superior American Union's influence in The Invaders rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Superior American Union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : Superior American Union's influence in The Invaders rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Superior American Union's influence in The Invaders rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Superior American Union's influence in The Invaders rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Superior American Union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Superior American Union published "Superior American Union Anthem" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Superior American Union applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Superior American Union lodged a message on the The Invaders Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Superior American Union, voting is compulsory.