The Free Land of Sunterion is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Everett Pearce with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.195 billion Sunterionians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taevan City. The average income tax rate is 67.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Sunterionian economy, worth 154 trillion sunters a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 70,167 sunters, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Animal control is going door-to-door releasing all pets back into the wild, S-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, and the thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sunterion's national animal is the badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sunterion was endorsed by The Republic of Maj Tonia Godgueeber.
- : Sunterion was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Sunterion, the thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions.
- : Sunterion was endorsed by The Republic of Wilkshire.
- : Following new legislation in Sunterion, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Sunterion was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Sunterion, S-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age.
- : Following new legislation in Sunterion, animal control is going door-to-door releasing all pets back into the wild.
- : Sunterion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Sunterion, three-year-olds have tantrums because they don't want to be drainage technicians when they grow up.
Endorsements Received: 110 » Notyoutopia, Pallaith, Shin-Hachioji, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Diodone, McMasterdonia, Sheppey, Kwaj, Selfgradatude, Shadowrik, Holy Oranz, Yukti, Prevaland, Friently, Puczovska, Buckerino, Kelvaros Prime, Siwale, Choistan, The Iron Lions, Srpski Novo Zelandjani, Cloydicia, Sil Dorsett, The Lancerian Empire, Bayern-Straubing, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Amerian States, General COE, Xentherida, American MapleStory, Beodarasc, PlanetPunk, Tredano, Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Wodan, Wineclaw, Ainsworth, Pria Xennes, Republic of Dixie, Victoriaans Nederlands, Soviet Terran, Unimaginable Doom, Apetopia, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Gladio II, and 60 others.Malvad, NatsukiLand, Merconitonitopia, Eglise Sainte Eve, Frances Francis the First of France, Avornica, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, The Mazur Empire, Atain, Omicron Persei V111, Mordant99, Zyvetskistaahn, Albacria, Ozstan, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, SillyString, ABC, Q w e r t y, Guslantis, Shibutani, Malta Comino Gozo, Riverwinde, Californian Redwood, THX1138, Former English Colony, Kylesburgh, Koda-Land, The Windmilluminati, Highton Islands, The Gamer Party, Eravonia, Whereisthatistan, Racoda, Sacrento, Sanjurika, Zeternia, Sundred, Liberentis, United Draconia, Pizza Squared, Empy, The Mace Kingdom, Ethnon, Alsace and Lorraine United, Waterma, Sahriastan, Maott, Rochester Black, The United States of Romania, Gooboistkoyt, Suicidistan, Aenglaland, I am the one who knocks, Bharathvarsh, El Fiji Grande, Jontopiary, Shaun, Dar es Saalam, Wilkshire, and Maj Tonia Godgueeber.