The United Republic of Sunemia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Chris Fairhax with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.012 billion Sunemians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nashai. The average income tax rate is 79.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sunemian economy, worth 227 trillion auralas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 113,126 auralas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Employers are keenest on employees who lack family values, bike rage is all the rage, religious figures have been banned from public holidays to make them more multicultural, and counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Sunemia's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sunemia's influence in International Democratic Union rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Sunemia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Sunemia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Sunemia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Sunemia, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
- : Sunemia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Sunemia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Sunemia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Sunemia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vippertooth33".
- : Sunemia voted against the World Assembly Resolution " International Transportation Preclearance Act".