The Republic of Sumo is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The devout population of 390 million Rikishi have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ryōgoku Kokugikan. The average income tax rate is 38.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient a Rikishi economy, worth 16.1 trillion Yen a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 41,346 Yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Sumo has designated Ryōgoku Kokugikan as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Sumo's national animal is the Japanese Macaque.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sumo changed its national capital to "Ryōgoku Kokugikan".
- : Sumo changed its national capital to "Tokyo".
- : Following new legislation in Sumo, Sumo has designated Ryōgoku Kokugikan as its capital city.
- : Sumo's influence in The Sportsbook rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Sumo lodged a message on the The Sportsbook Regional Message Board.
- : Sumo altered its national flag.
- : Sumo published "2020 Aki (Autumn/Fall) Makuuchi Banzuke (WIP)" (Meta: Reference).
- : Sumo's influence in The Sportsbook rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Sumo published "2020 July Honbasho Makuuchi Results" (Meta: Reference).
- : Sumo's influence in The Sportsbook rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".